All through July, Schiff has aired a TV commercial for "Digestive Advantage." According to "the nutritionist" in this commercial, two thirds of Americans are suffering from indigestion today...REALLY?! The ad falls short of asking, "Good God, what a baffling figure! I wonder why this is so???" Instead of asking pertinent questions, it simply offers a pill. And this is often the sum total of today's "sick care." I call it "sick care" because the treatment is sick, i.e., lacking vital inquiries, and because the patient remains sick, merely making his/her symptoms a bit more bearable by taking pills daily.
Pertinent questions may include:
- 1. Is it just possible that chronic, widespread indigestion coincides with the infiltration of our food supply with genetically engineered or modified organisms (GMO'S), which is to say organisms entirely concocted in chemical laboratories, never before known to man, which have nothing to do with FOOD?
- 2. Could our unnatural, sedentary lifestyle have something to do with the body's inability to digest?
- 3. To take a holistic view, does the patient have a general inability or unwillingness to "digest" conditions of life which may be (perceived as) simply intolerable?
This last question is particularly important because people often try to "digest" problems with or in the gut that really can only be solved using the head and heart. The idea that we simply must tolerate intolerable conditions just may be part of such an issue, as is our resigned acceptance of GMO's and the feeling that we are powerless to do anything about them. Then, of course, the gut simply has to deal with whatever we serve it, literally and figuratively. And it rebels, as it should.
I pay attention to TV ads, as they reflect how people at large are thinking or being made to think. Consider also, for example, ads asking people to march and raise funds for Alzheimer's research, because we really do want to find "a cure" (pill) for this terrible disease which has risen significantly in recent years! A cure...Really!? Do we honestly think a cure will be found without looking into environmental factors, i.e., poisons deliberately introduced in massive amounts into the air, water and soil, over the past 25 years, via weather modification programs? Don't we think that the correlation is significant between dumping thousands of tons of bioavailable aluminium in the air via airplanes, on the one hand, and the startling rise of asthma, Autism and Alzheimer's, on the other?
Besides, does it occur to us that we are being asked to raise the funds...
- ...For ailments caused this way, yet without addressing the causes? How successful do we think such research will ultimately be, keeping all other things constant?
- ...For medical "solutions" which are then sold back to us at an outrageous price, driving our sick care system and insurance expenses further into the ground. If we raise those funds, shouldn't the research results automatically belong to us?
- However, do we even want so-called solutions which claim they are finally addressing "the causes" (for cancer, via immuno-therapy, for example, which can itself cause death), but fail to effect the reduction and removal of carcinogens from our environment? Does cancer treatment without addressing carcinogens make any sense at all? And do we even want the technologies to "treat" cancer which destroy our healthy shield--the human electromagnetic bodies--as radiation does, for example?
I believe we could and should be marching for an entirely different cause, i.e., one that is aimed at eliminating known toxins and radiation from our environment. There is something wrong with us if we keep producing one life-destroying innovation after another, testing it on the masses and wait for the fallout, and to rather deal with a few law suits here and there, but generally making and keeping us sick. Why is it that we are carrying the burden of proof to establish a link between inventions which have been unleashed on the world and ill effects on our health and life support systems, when it is well known that plastics and pesticides (and many other things) are carcinogenic, and that fluoride and many metals are neurotoxins, that atomic power plants leak radioactive materials and that our modern, electronic technologies all radiate us to death? To top it all off, we are the ones paying dearly for our own ill demise, when purchasing commodities and services utilizing such things, or when we participate in producing and spreading them. We pay to acquire them, we tolerate their use; and then we pay again with our health, and for so-called "cures" and "treatments" which we also helped fund to develop! Ultimately, we pay with our lives. Is it any wonder our bodies and minds have problems living thus insanely? Is it any wonder we suffer from "INDIGESTION," to say the least???
We must make a choice, using our heads, and then take heart: Do we continue to force our organism to adapt to such sick circumstances-- which it obviously cannot tolerate much longer--or do we make an attempt to CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT THESE CIRCUMSTANCES?